Instruction of traveler with package holidays according to § 651a BGB (Civil Code)
The arrangement offered to you is in accordance with the guidelines (EU) 2015/2302. Therefore, you can claim all EU rights that apply to package holidays. The relexa hotels takes full responsibility for the correct execution of this package holiday.
Most important rights under this guideline (EU) 2015/2302
• The traveller receives all essential information about the package holiday before the conclusion of the package holiday contract.
• At least one company is liable for the fulfillment of all contractual obligations.
• The traveller will receive an emergency telephone number or contact details to be able to contact the tour operator or travel agent.
• The traveller may transfer the package holiday within a reasonable time to another person.
• The price of the package holiday can only be increased if certain calculated prices (e.g. petrol price) increase and if this was mentioned in the contract, in any case up to 20 days before the package holiday starts. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the package price, the traveller can withdraw from the contract.
• If a tour operator reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has the right to a price reduction if the corresponding costs are decreasing.
• The traveller can withdraw from the contract without a cancellation fee and receives a full re-payment, if one of the main elements of the package holiday has been majorly changed or amended, except of price changes.
• If the operator cancels the holiday prior to the start of the package holiday, the traveller is entitled to a reimbursement and may get compensation.
• The traveller may withdraw from the contract in the event of exceptional circumstances prior to the start of the package without paying a cancellation fee, for example if there are serious safety issues at the destination likely to affect the package holiday.
• In addition, the traveller can withdraw from the contract at any time prior to the start of the package holiday by paying a reasonable and justifiable cancellation fee.
• The traveller can withdraw from the contract without payment of a cancellation fee (in the Federal Republic of Germany this right is called"Termination"), if services are not provided in accordance with the contract and this has significant effects on the provision of the contractual package holiday services and the tour operator fails to remedy to accomplish the situation.
• The traveller is entitled to a price reduction and / or compensation if the travel services are not provided or not provided properly. - The tour operator must provide assistance to the traveller if he is in difficulty.
• In the event of the tour operator's or travel agent insolvency, payments will be reimbursed. If the tour operator or, if relevant, the travel agent enters into insolvency after the start of the package, and if the transport is part of the package, the return of passengers is guaranteed.